IEDA Newsletter, May 2012, No. 1
05-2012. This newsletter summarizes recent new features and improvements in the IEDA systems. Click on the links below for more detailed information!
- Release of Data Management Plan Tool v.2: New version allows save, retrieve, and edit of previous Data Management Plans.
- New Data Access and Data Contribution web pages structured according to IEDA data types.
Tools and Services
- New version of the MGDS Search Interface launched: Enhancements include auto-complete, select from list options, and enhancements to performance and usability.
- Release of PetDB User Interface v.2.3.0: New version includes unique sample identifiers (IGSNs) and new sample and station information pages.
- MGDS data submission web app: New developments allow users to add cruise-level metadata for cruises not currently inventoried within IEDA.
- Release of SESAR v3.8: New features include QR codes, an improved search interface, and the option to download complete sample metadata.
- New EarthChem website consolidates information for all geochemical data systems operated by IEDA.
- GMRT v2.2 released: New version includes addition of data from 41 new cruises, expanding coverage primarily in the Southern and Pacific Oceans.
- New datasets in the Geochemical Resource Library include a compilation of geochemical data for Central America and IBM arc systems by Jordan, Warren, Stern, and Gill.
- PetDB data holdings grew by more than 200,000 analytical values and SedDB holdings grew by 50,000 values.
- All samples associated with cruises cataloged in the MGDS are now accessible through SESAR (System for Earth SAmple Registration)
- New User Contributed Materials: see educational materials that IEDA users have shared with the community
- New Tutorials for GeoMapApp, MGDS data search, and EarthChem
- Read more about IEDA Resources for Education including Workshops, MediaBank, and Summer Internships