We deliver catalogs, maps, and data through standard programmatic interfaces, and use the MapServer software platform as part of our backend. Web Services enable machine to machine transfer of database content, and also enable the development of new and innovative Application Programming Interfaces (APIs). A variety of OGC-enabled clients, both freeware and commercial packages, including User-friendly Desktop Internet GIS (uDig), GeoMapApp, Gaia, NASA World Wind, and ArcGIS can be used to directly access some of our content.
Our data and metadata holdings can be accessed through a variety of web service protocols:
WxS Services can be used for live access to many of our data holdings
- The EarthChem WFS Service is a full transactional implementation of the OpenGIS Consortium's Web Feature Server specification. More information at: http://www.earthchemportal.org/webservices
- The GMRT Web Map Service (WMS) allows any OGC-enabled client to create map imagery from our Global Multi-Resolution Topography (GMRT). Use one the following URLS to access these data:
- Mercator GMRT v2.x:
- Masked Mercator (highlights multibeam tracks) GMRT v2.x
Full WFS capabilities
We offer REST-type Services to enable direct queries to our databases:
- Academic Seismic Portal
- View metadata for seismic data sets by cruise:
- EarthChem Portal
- The EarthChem REST Search Service accepts GET string variables which determine search criteria
- SESAR web services API documentation
- Get sample info by IGSN
Pass igsn ex. http://app.geosamples.org/webservices/display.php?igsn=GEE0000O4
- Register single or multiple samples
Accept xml for the samples to be uploaded into sesar. User name and password for the registrant is needed.
Notes: The older version uploadservice.php is deprecated and the bugs in older version will not be fixed. The current upload web service is backward compatible. The user is discouraged to use the older version.
- Validates SESAR user credentials
Will return whether user is valid or not. If valid, it will return user code.If not valid, will return error messages.
- Retrieve IGSNs for a specific user code
It will retrieve IGSNs for a specific user_code(XXXXX). The return result is paginated. The older three digits user code will work (XXX) too.
See API link for detail.