From tutorials and workshops to earth science learning modules for K-12 and undergraduate students, IEDA offers a variety of resources for educators and students alike. We also frequently host summer interns interested in geoinformatics and data science.
- EarthChem Geochemistry mini lessons
- MARGINS mini lessons
- Subduction processes, seismic fieldwork
- Climate history from ocean sediments
- GeoMapApp Learning Activities
- GeoMappApp Basic functionality YouTube Videos
- Geochemistry-Geophysics data exercises
- EarthChem Library: A tour of the EarthChem Library
- SESAR: How to download and complete a batch registration template for SESAR (System for Earth SAmple Registration)
- SESAR: How to manage your samples in MySESAR
- EarthChem Portal: Creating an integrated data table
- EarthChem Portal: Six Portal features you should know about
- Ridge 2000 and MARGINS data exercises: Use IEDA resources to access a range of geochemical and geophysical data.
- Seismic Reflection Data Tutorial
- Bathymetry Data Tutorial
We offer a range of workshops designed to help build links with the community and increase community awareness of IEDA resources.
Visit to your institution
We may be able to arrange a visit to run an hands-on workshop.
- Short courses and exhibits at meetings
In addition to a regular exhibit booth, we occasionally offer short courses at major meetings such as AGU and GSA.
- Discipline-specific workshops
Explore the richness of IEDA resources by requesting a workshop tailored to your interests.
Virtual (on-line) Webinar
Web-based workshop designed for your institution. Performed in real-time and includes Q&A capability.